Resurgence: MvM, part 2: Electric Boogaloo: The Reckoning

Started by Phytophyte, February 15, 2015, 05:03:59 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Phytophyte

Considering that, for the past few months, 95% of my TF2 playtime has been in Mann vs. Machine mode, I figure that I'd might as well poll out what the current general interest in a Mann vs. Machine team would be. This will be a casual MvM team, with our members being interchangeable on an open roster.

From past experiences, rigid rosters don't do too well, as MiT members have, y'know, lives. Maybe they forget, or interest wanes. Any way it rolls, the goal of this team remains simple: to serve as a hub for interested members to play MvM, and learn and discuss MvM strategies. That's something we can do even if we never make it past intermediate difficulty.

Please reply if you are interested or have questions.

DaddyRoxx

"The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made of atoms it can use for something else."
- AI theorist Eliezer Yudkowsky of the Machine Intelligence Research Institute

Bloodh0und

MvM? Count me in! I can do Soldier and Engineer on any Two Cities mission.
If there was competitive MvM I'd totally sign up for that.

Lemme know if this plan goes through!

Phytophyte

So it doesn't really seem like there's enough interest for a full team. Ah, well, I suppose the three of us can still group up and pub sometime if we like.

petriach

I'm a quick learner,I haven't done too much MvM,but I can play almost any class that's needed.

Haven't played as a medic yet though :\

Zmobie

I don't know a TON about MvM, but I can play a decent soldier and pyro in it (demoknight too, but that's usually suicidal in the harder missions).  I'd be interested in playing some when my time permits.  I usually learn quick too so if we need other classes I can probably pick them up as we go.

SingleFemaleLawyer

If you guys ever want to run expert I'm down. I play that a lot
[CENTER][RED] "Go Crazy Folks!" [/RED][/CENTER]

[CENTER] [/CENTER]

Phytophyte

So a few more people are showing interest now. I guess the next step is to start getting our information down to see if there's any common ground we can start on. If I could have everybody who's still interested to post:

1) Times/days of week available to schedule an MvM game (preferrably at least one hour available)
2) Preferred mission difficulty level

Bloodh0und

February 24, 2015, 11:17:24 AM #8 Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:21:44 AM by Bloodh0und
Phyto! Throw this up top!

Code Select
[center][color=brown][size=24pt][b]---MvM Interest Form---[/b][/size][/color][/center]
[b][color=red][u]Template:[/u][/color][/b]

[b][MiT] Forum Name:[/b]
[b]Steam Profile Link: [/b]
[b][i]Mann-Up[/i] Tour Interest [u](YES/NO)[/u]:[/b]
  -[i]Operation Oil Spill[/i] (Intermediate)?
        --
  -[i]Operation Steel Trap[/i] (Advanced)?
        --
  -[i]Operation Mecha Engine[/i] (Advanced)?
        --
  -[i]Operation Two Cities[/i] (Advanced)?
        --
  -[i]Operation Gear Grinder[/i] (EXPERT)?
        --

[b]Class Preference (1 = highest preference)[/b]

[b]Enter the times you're available ("N/A" if unavailable) [/b]
  [i]Monday:[/i]
  [i]Tuesday:[/i]
  [i]Wednesday:[/i]
  [i]Thursday:[/i]
  [i]Friday:[/i]
  [i]Saturday:[/i]
  [i]Sunday:[/i]

[b]Any additional notes/comments/things we should know?[/b]
-->

---MvM Interest Form---

Template:

[MiT] Forum Name:
Steam Profile Link:
Mann-Up Tour Interest (YES/NO):
  -Operation Oil Spill (Intermediate)?
        --
  -Operation Steel Trap (Advanced)?
        --
  -Operation Mecha Engine (Advanced)?
        --
  -Operation Two Cities (Advanced)?
        --
  -Operation Gear Grinder (EXPERT)?
        --

Class Preference (1 = highest preference)

Enter the times you're available ("N/A" if unavailable)
  Monday:
  Tuesday:
  Wednesday:
  Thursday:
  Friday:
  Saturday:
  Sunday:

Any additional notes/comments/things we should know?
-->

Phytophyte

Quote from: Bloodh0und on February 24, 2015, 11:17:24 AM
Phyto! Throw this up top!

I think that'd be better for its own thread? I'll start another for it, anyway.

Phytophyte

March 01, 2015, 07:07:25 PM #10 Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:35:47 PM by Phytophyte
Our first round of applications is actually looking pretty good, and won't need very many compromizes at all.

Currently, we're looking at a team composed of Phytophyte, DaddyRoxx, Dr. Healz, Petriach, Bloodh0und, and IvanGrasp. My first projection has us meeting up at 10:00PM CST on Fridays (the exact date of our first game isn't set, though; I'll send everyone a Steam message when it's determined).

The only specific tour preference shown has been for Two Cities Tour, so we will being doing this one mostly, if not exclusively.

On class selection, the only conflict for first picks is between Bloodh0und and IvanGrasp, both selecting Soldier. Bloodh0und's second and third picks are already taken as others' first picks, though, so he gets priority for Soldier. IvanGrasp has said his class picks were random anyway and has elected to play Medic instead, so everything works out.

Which means the first draft for classes is:
Scout -- Phytophyte
Soldier -- Bloodh0und
Demoman -- Dr. Healz
Heavy -- DaddyRoxx
Engineer -- Petriach
Medic -- IvanGrasp

Again, please post any questions, concerns or comments.

IvanGrasp

My picks where mostly to put something there. I enjoy playing sniper but I understand that the class isn't exactly a priority when playing a tour like two cities seriously.

Looking at the team, maybe a medic would fit in? I'm not the best but I can do a decent job as kritz/stock medic =D

Phytophyte

Quote from: IvanGrasp on March 01, 2015, 08:57:41 PM
My picks where mostly to put something there. I enjoy playing sniper but I understand that the class isn't exactly a priority when playing a tour like two cities seriously.

Looking at the team, maybe a medic would fit in? I'm not the best but I can do a decent job as kritz/stock medic =D

Poking around the internet looking at other peoples' MvM team compositions, the most prominent suggestions are Medic or Pyro.

IvanGrasp

Quote from: Phytophyte on March 01, 2015, 09:55:35 PM
Poking around the internet looking at other peoples' MvM team compositions, the most prominent suggestions are Medic or Pyro.

I think I will be more useful as medic that as pyro but I guess we'll have test games to figure that out. I don't have any problem playing as any of those classes

Phytophyte

March 02, 2015, 07:41:07 PM #14 Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:42:50 PM by Phytophyte
Quote from: IvanGrasp on March 02, 2015, 12:18:22 PM
I think I will be more useful as medic that as pyro but I guess we'll have test games to figure that out. I don't have any problem playing as any of those classes

I'll put you down for Medic, then, but classes won't be rigid, anyway -- anyone can change if a situation calls for it.

Honestly, class flexibility is a really good thing. Even with a scheduled roster, it's silly to expect everybody to never miss a game. If anyone comes up missing, the rest of the team will need to adapt to the pubs that take his place.

Go Up