AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Started by ScooterYDKJ, March 15, 2019, 07:07:45 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

ScooterYDKJ

Ladies and gentlemen, it is the end of an era.

It is with regret to inform you that our Turbine game server, the core of our little community, will be shutting down on the 28th of this month.

This isn't the end of MiT, though. Our Teamspeak server and our Forums will remain online for the foreseeable future.

And speaking personally, I do want to thank every member of our community for being a part of it. That server and this community have been an intregal part of my life, and while I am sad that this must happen, I will remember all of the fun and friends I was honored to have on that server.

Again, thank you for being a part of our community, and if you are able to, please consider attending this Saturday's event as a possible final send-off to our little corner of the TF2 community.

-ScooterYDKJ
So listen. If you listen to nothing else, listen to this. You're always gonna be afraid even if you learn to hide it. Fear is like a companion. A constant companion, always there. But that's OK. Because fear can bring us together. Fear can bring you home.

d1duck

Thanks for everything, guys.  I hope to see y'all soon on other games :)

James

Valoon

this news is kind of like hearing your childhood home just burned down. it's hard to imagine I've been around since 2012 and I get to see something like this happen.

Bloodh0und

Maybe so, but in this case the childhood home was unoccupied, in a state of total disrepair, and just needed to go. Still, there is absolutely no way I'll forget the great stuff. I've still got backups off all the goodies, in case I or anyone else ever decides to rekindle the fire and take the torch.

Special thanks to d1duck for paying the bills all this time, and special thanks to all admin staff and our regulars players old and new.

Take some time to share your favorite memories in the community. Funniest days, or maybe the best of the best moments.

My favorite forum post to this day remains in the garbage can. By our very own DaddyRoxx.
Some context: a former member of the MadeInTexas community with a considerable wealth of knowledge in scripting in TF2 was banned permanently for being an outright PoS human being. Despite several lenient warnings, he continued his abusive and toxic behavior and was banned.

He attempted to make a tutorial. He never finished. Here's the responses:

arkangel

It's awesome that we got to be a part of something bigger than ourselves: a community that feels like family. If anyone wants any strange items I've got a few that i'll sell for like 10 cents(only MiT folks get the discount) cuz I semi-retired from TF2 and moved on to CS:GO and Lig of Lagoons (Riot Games). I'm pretty sure my item inventory is public so just check it out. Even tho I haven't posted here since 2017, this feels like home :')

p.s. watch ur back, this admin thing still works for some reason mwahahahahaa

Go Up